In Lightspeed OnSite, you can easily export your customer data to comply with customer privacy requests. As this action exports personal data, you'll need access to the following user privilege:
- Export Customers, Products, Invoices
To export all data associated with a customer, you'll need to export their:
- contact information
Exporting a customer's contact information
- In OnSite StoreMaster, click Tools > Export > Customers.
- In the new window, click Copy All to move all the fields from the left section to the right section.
- Click Export.
- Enter a file name and change the file extension from .txt to .csv. This makes the file easy to edit and share for a customer request.
- Click Save.
A CSV file of your customer data downloads to your computer which you can share with your customers. It can be opened and edited with a spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel. When emailing a specific customer, we recommend double-checking that you've removed all personal data that doesn't pertain to them before emailing your CSV file.
NOTE: If you're an Omnichannel merchant, you'll also need to export your customer's data from your eCom store to complete their privacy request. For instructions, please see Managing privacy requests in the eCom Help Center. Similarly, if you've integrated your Retail account with one of our partners, you'll need to contact them directly to learn what personal data they have and how to complete your customer's privacy request on their end.
Exporting a customer's logs
- In OnSite StoreMaster, click Customers.
- Optionally, use the available drop-down and Customers... search field to refine your results.
- From the list of customers, double-click your customer's name.
- At the bottom-left of the new window, click the cog icon followed by Show Log.
- At the bottom-right of your search results, click Export to CSV... .
- Enter a file name and click Save.
A CSV file that contains a log of all users that have viewed or edited your customer's account downloads to your computer. It can be opened with a spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel and emailed to your customer.