After you have created product categories, assign them to your products.
To assign POS categories to a product
- Open the product card.
- Click the Options tab.
- From the POS Categories lists set the categories for the product.
- Click the Save button.
To batch assign POS categories to products
You can quickly categorize groups or ranges of products, for example if you want to assign a range of products to available the housewares category.
NOTE: Run a manual backup before making any batch changes in OnSite.
- In OnSite StoreMaster on the Tools menu click Set Product Info.
- In the Criteria area set the criteria for the group of products you want to categorize. The more accurately your products are categorized, the easier the criteria is to select.
- In the Action area from the Set list select POS Categories.
- Select the categories for this group of products.
- Click Apply.