To completely remove all components and data related to Lightspeed Server, Lightspeed provides a removal tool, which is included in the disk image of OnSite 2015 2.0.0 and newer. This tool removes Lightspeed Server but leaves any backups for archival purposes. Since the tool removes all licensed and demo servers currently installed, Lightspeed recommends performing a backup on any licensed installations of OnSite before proceeding.
Important: Running the removal tool to uninstall Lightspeed Server does not release your license key. If you are moving Lightspeed Server to another Mac go to Moving your OnSite server.
- Navigate to the Lightspeed OnSite Downloads page.
- Click Upgrade or Install for any version of OnSite 2015 2.0.0 or later to start the download.
Note: You do not need to upgrade your version of OnSite to use the Uninstaller from OnSite 2015 2.0.0 or later.
- Extract the files in the downloaded archive (zip) file.
- Double-click the dmg file.
- Double-click the Uninstaller.
- Check the boxes for the components you wish to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
- Enter your user password when requested.
Restart the computer after the tool has successfully completed. This ensures that no components of the LightSpeed Server are running, and that they have been fully removed from the computer.