If one or more of your tax rates change you can create a new tax code in OnSite. Do not modify the tax rate associated with any of your existing tax codes. The existing tax rate needs to be preserved to accurately report on your sales data.
To create a new tax code
- In OnSite StoreMaster on the Tools menu click Setup > Basics > Taxes.
- In the Tax Codes list at the lower left of the Tax Setup panel, click New.
- In the New Tax Code window, give your tax code a short name. For example, CA11 for the new California rate for 2011.
- Define your tax rates. For example, entering 9.75 for 9.75%. Do not include the percent symbol as OnSite does it for you.
- Click Save.
- Ensure this tax code is set as the default by clicking and dragging it to the top of the list.
- On each Mac that runs OnSite in StoreMaster on the File menu click Station Setup and ensure the new tax code is selected from Default Tax Code list. Click Save in the Station Setup panel.