You can use ReportMaster to do basic commission calculations using the commission sales report template. After you specify a date range, commission rate, and other options, you can save the report as a custom report, print it, or export it to use in another application. These instructions are for OnSite 3.7 and later. If you are use a version of OnSite older than 3.7, commission reports are found at Tools > Reporting, in the Commission category.
1. To access the report
- In OnSite StoreMaster on the Tools menu click ReportMaster
- From the Sales category select the Commission report template.
- Click the More Options arrow to expand the report options.
- Set the date range, for example This Month or This Week-to-Date, sorting, and grouping for the report.
2. To set the rate and commission exemptions
- In the filters section of the report options window, click the first list and choose Commission Rate.
- Set the second list to Equals.
- Enter the commission rate in the text field to the right. The commission rate is expressed as a percentage of an item’s selling price.
- Click + to add another report filter. This second report filter can be used to prevent commissions from being calculated on shipping or a range of ineligible items. Report filters such as Code is not SHIPPING or Class is not gift cards are both valid choices.
- Save, print, or export the report.
3. Set different commission rates on different items
OnSite sets only one commission rate per report. However, your business can offer a variable commission rate, with higher commissions on fast-selling, high-margin items and lower commissions on low-margin, low-turnover items. You can customize the commission report filters to include or exclude items by setting a report filter for commission rate and one to filter products. Several reports, each calculating commissions on a range of products, can be produced, exported, and aggregated to determine the total commission payouts to staff members.
Examples of report filters
- Class is headphones: this report calculates commission based on sales of headphones.
- Sell is greater than 10.00: excludes low-priced products from commission calculation.
- Discount equals 0: if you want to offer commission on un-discounted items only.