Use the Sell-Through Report to identify the rising and falling demands for your stock. Find items with skyrocketing week-on-week demand, giving you insight into what to reorder. Identify the slow but steady performers, and which items need to be marked down or featured in marketing materials.
The Sell-Through Report is available in OnSite 3.8 and later.
The Sell-Through Report displays basic product information: product code, description, color, size, and selling price.
|Week 1 Starting Qty||Number of units in stock on the report’s start date|
|Week 1 Qty Received||Number of units received or adjusted in during the week. Sell-through percentage includes units received during the report’s date range, so an item’s sell-through percentage can fall over time. Items with falling sell-through percentage can signal what has been over-ordered.|
|Week 1 Qty Sold||Number of units sold during this week. Returns can make your sell-through percentage fall. An item that has sold 0 units and returned 1 unit has a sell-through percentage of −100% for week 1.|
|Week 1 Sell-Through Percentage||Units sold / [starting Qty + Qty Rcvd]|
Weeks 2, 3 and 4 follow the same pattern. The weekly sell-through percentage is based on the total sales so far, so you can see the percentage rise during four weeks.
- In OnSite StoreMaster on the Tools menu click Intelligence > Sell-Through Report (Monthly).
- Choose a date. OnSite calculates the sell-through percentage in four seven-day intervals from the date you choose. Generally, you’ll want to choose the first day of the month, but you can select a date relative to another event, such as viewing the sell-through of goods you received on a certain date.
- Choose filters. By default, the sell-through report contains data for all of the products sold during the date range. Since this can produce a very large report, we recommend you use the Intelligence filters at the bottom of the window to zero in on a range of products. For example:
- To see only the products from one supplier, set the Intelligence filter to Supplier and enter the name of a supplier.
- To see only items in the Shoes class, set the Intelligence filter to Class, and enter the class Shoes.
- Click Save.
- Open the report in your preferred spreadsheet application.