You can compile a purchase order in a spreadsheet, save it as a text file, and then import the contents into a blank PO. This helps streamline creating large purchase orders.
1. To prepare the file
Save your spreadsheet in tab-delimited text (TXT) or comma-delimited values (CSV) format before importing. Your PO spreadsheet must meet these guidelines:
- Make sure you’ve added all your items to OnSite because importing a PO doesn’t create new products.
- One PO can order products from only one supplier. Make sure that each product in the spreadsheet has a supplier code and cost for this supplier in OnSite.
- Make sure the spreadsheet columns are in this order:
- Column 1: product ID, product code, UPC
- Column 2: quantity
- Column 3: Cost (optional, used only if you want to override the costs listed in your product cards).
2. To import the spreadsheet
- Create a new PO and add the supplier.
- Click the Action gear and select Import PO from Text File.
- Click Open File. Browse to your file and click Open.
- Verify the columns are in the correct order.
- Verify Import PO matches on is set to the same product attribute. If you are using product code in your file, make sure the list is set to Product Code.
- Caution: select the Cost box only if you want the costs in the file to override your default costs.
- Click Import and save the PO.