Full page printing is for documents where detail such as repairs or notes need to be visible. Quotes, orders, SROs, POs, and supplier invoices need full page printing.
All sales documents - quotes, invoices, orders, and SROs:
- can be printed in full-page (8.5x11 or A4) format
- can include product images, printed notes and discount margins
- can include custom fields for documents, customers and products
- can include the fine print of your company’s policies and procedures
- can include a document barcode for document scanning
- be printed in one of three default languages - English, French, or Spanish
- be configured to print in any OSX-friendly language. Go to Setting the language for printed documents.
NOTE: You must set up a full-page printer even if your station is only printing invoices to a receipt printer. If you do not have a full-page printer accessible, you can create a "fake" printer in OS X Print & Fax System Preferences:
- From the Apple menu choose System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Click + to add a new printer.
- In the Add window, click the IP icon and in the Address field enter 127.0.0.1.
- Click Add when the button is accessible.
- In OnSite go to File > Station Setup > Printer Setup and select 127.0.0.1 as your full page printer.
To choose full page printing
- In OnSite go to File > Station Setup.
- In the Printing area select Full Page. This controls the default mode of the print function when processing sales in OnSite.
- If you want to automatically print select Without Dialog box. You must have a printer configured otherwise you'll see the dialog box. Select With Dialog Box if you want the print dialog to appear each time you print. This is useful if you want to choose the printer each time, choose the number of copies or launch a PDF of the document.
- At the bottom of the Station Setup window click Printer Setup.
- Select the printer you want to use for full page printing and click OK.
To set up the full page printer
Define your full-page printer before your receipt printer.
- From the Apple menu choose System Preferences > Print & Fax.
- Set the full-sized 8.5 x 11 US Letter printer as the default printer.
- In OnSite go to File > Page Setup.
- From Format For select Any Printer.
- Change the paper size to US Letter. If your region uses A4 paper by default, you must still choose US Letter but full page documents will print to A4 paper.
- From Settings, select Save as Default.
- Click OK and save for full page printing.
To add an image to full page documents
You can customize an 8.5 x 11” PDF that adds a header, footer and optional watermark to the body of full page documents.
- Create a document that includes the information you want to include, and save it as an 8.5 x 11 PDF.
- In OnSite StoreMaster on the Tools menu click Setup > Advanced > PDF Backgrounds and choose the type of document you want to set a background for.
- Drag and drop your PDF into the window.
- Choose Print Blank if you want a blank PDF added to a document.