Use this procedure if you want a customer to take cash for a gift card’s remaining balance, for example if a customer has $1.00 remaining on a gift card and you don't want to retain small gift card liabilities.
Refunding a gift card involves:
Creating a gift card refund product
You must create a special product to redeem the gift card. You can check to see if this product has been created before proceeding.
- In OnSite StoreMaster go to File > New Product and create a new product.
- Give it a product code that describes this product, for example Gift Card Refund.
- Set the class to the same as your gift card product if you have classes for gift cards or misc. If you do not have a class for these products you can create one at Tools > Setup > Products > Classes.
- Set the tax status to No Tax.
- Clear the Inventoried checkbox.
- Select the Editable Selling Price checkbox.
- Save the product card.
To refund a gift card balance for cash
- In OnSite StoreMaster verify the balance of the gift card at Tools > Gift Cards.
- In StoreMaster create a new invoice.
- Add the Gift Card Refund product and give it a selling price corresponding to the gift card’s balance.
- Save the invoice and go to the Payments tab.
- Click the Gift Card payment method and enter the serial number of the gift card.
- Save the invoice.
- Click Return to generate a return Invoice.
- Save the return invoice and process a cash refund.